The Charlotte Hornets (23-50) face the New Orleans Pelicans (35-37) on Thursday, March 23, 2023 at Smoothie King Center. It starts at 8:00 PM ET on BSNO and BSSE.
The Pelicans enter their matchup against the Hornets as a 9-point favorite. The over/under for the game is set at 225.
Pelicans vs. Hornets Betting Odds
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: New Orleans -9
- Total: 225
- Moneyline: New Orleans -385, Charlotte +307
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Hornets at Pelicans odds, spread, & more
- Pick ATS: Pelicans (- 9)
- Pick OU:
Pelicans 118 – Hornets 109
- New Orleans has been chosen as the favorite in 35 games this year and has walked away with the win 22 times (62.9%) in those games.
- New Orleans has yet to lose in five games when named as at least a -385 moneyline favorite.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that New Orleans has a 79.4% chance of pulling out a win.
- Charlotte has been the underdog on the moneyline 57 total times this season. Buzz City has gone 15-42 in those games.
- Charlotte has gone 5-12 when it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +307 or longer (29.4%).
- Charlotte has an implied moneyline win probability of 24.6% in this matchup.
- The 114.0 points per game the Pelicans average are only 3.4 fewer points than the Hornets give up (117.4).
- When New Orleans totals more than 117.4 points, it is 20-6 against the spread and 21-5 overall.
- Charlotte is 17-9-1 against the spread and 16-11 overall when giving up fewer than 114.0 points.
- The Hornets’ 111.3 points per game are only 1.7 fewer points than the 113.0 the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Charlotte has put together a 21-7-1 ATS record and a 16-13 overall record in games it scores more than 113.0 points.
- New Orleans has an ATS record of 25-9-1 and a 26-9 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 111.3 points.
- The Pelicans are at the 16th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (114.0 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 22nd-fewest points per game (117.4) in the league.
- The 27th-ranked scoring NBA team (111.3 PPG) is Charlotte, while the New Orleans squad ranks 14th in the league defensively (113.0 PPG).
- The Pelicans have totaled 73 more points than their opponents this season (1.0 per game on average), while the Hornets have been out-scored by 448 total points (6.1 per game average differential).
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- New Orleans’ average implied point total this season is 0.1 fewer points than its implied total in Thursday’s game (116.9 implied points on average compared to 117 implied points in this game).
- This season, New Orleans has scored more than 117 points in 30 games.
- The average implied point total on the year for Charlotte (118.1) is 10.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (108).
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
How to watch Pelicans vs. Hornets
- Game Day: Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSNO and BSSE
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Arena: Smoothie King Center
- TV Channel: Bally Sports
- Livestream: Watch on fuboTV!
- NBA League Pass: The most live games plus NBA TV. Free trial
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).