The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (23-12) take on the Rice Owls (19-15) on Monday, March 20, 2023 at 2:30 PM ET on FloSports. In this preview, we breakdown the Southern Utah vs. Rice odds and lines for this matchup.
The meeting between the Thunderbirds and the Owls currently has no line set.
Southern Utah is 16-12-2 against the spread this season compared to Rice’s 14-16-0 ATS record. The Thunderbirds are 17-13-0 and the Owls are 20-10-0 in terms of going over the point total. Southern Utah is 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall in its last 10 contests, while Rice has gone 3-7 against the spread and 3-7 overall.
As college basketball matchups continue, get ready for the outing with what you need to know ahead of Monday’s game.
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Southern Utah vs. Rice prediction
Rice 80, Southern Utah 74
Against the spread
- Southern Utah has covered 16 times in 30 chances against the spread this season.
- Rice has won 14 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover 16 times.
- The Thunderbirds average 5.8 more points per game (82.2) than the Owls allow (76.4).
- Southern Utah has an 8-6-2 record against the spread and a 14-6 record overall when scoring more than 76.4 points.
- Rice is 11-8 against the spread and 16-6 overall when allowing fewer than 82.2 points.
- The Owls score only 3.3 more points per game (76.9) than the Thunderbirds give up to opponents (73.6).
- Rice has put together a 10-6 ATS record and a 13-6 overall record in games it scores more than 73.6 points.
- Southern Utah has an ATS record of 13-2 and a 17-2 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 76.9 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
Players to watch
- Tevian Jones paces the Thunderbirds at 17.4 points per game, while also posting 1.3 assists and 4.4 rebounds.
- Harrison Butler leads his squad in rebounds per game (6.7), and also puts up 11.1 points and 2.5 assists. Defensively, he averages 1.0 steal and 0.4 blocked shots.
- Maizen Fausett posts 12.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists per contest, shooting 48.2% from the field and 36.3% from downtown with 1.2 made 3-pointers per contest.
- Quincy Olivari is the Owls’ top scorer (18.8 points per game), and he produces 2.2 assists and 5.9 rebounds.
- Max Fiedler tops the Owls in rebounding (7.4 per game) and assists (5.0), and produces 10.8 points. He also posts 0.7 steals and 1.1 blocked shots.
- Travis Evee is averaging 15.3 points, 1.9 rebounds and 2.7 assists per contest, making 41.5% of his shots from the field and 35.3% from 3-point range, with 2.3 treys per game.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).