The UNC Wilmington Seahawks (4-0) will look to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Appalachian State Mountaineers (1-2) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at Suncoast Credit Union Arena. The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN+. In this article, we breakdown the UNC Wilmington vs. Appalachian State odds and lines ahead of this matchup.
The Seahawks are a 3.5-point favorite against the Mountaineers when the Seahawks and Mountaineers take the court. The matchup features a point total of 141.
UNC Wilmington covered 18 times in 32 chances against the spread last season. Appalachian State put together a 14-15-0 ATS record last year.
Ahead of this matchup, here’s what you need to get ready for Tuesday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
UNC Wilmington at Appalachian State odds, spread and lines
- Spread: UNC Wilmington -3.5
- Total: 141
UNC Wilmington vs. Appalachian State prediction
UNC Wilmington 87, Appalachian State 68
Against the spread
- UNC Wilmington put together an 18-13-1 record against the spread last season.
- Appalachian State won 14 games against the spread last year, while failing to cover 15 times.
- Last year, the 68.9 points per game the Seahawks put up were just 4.3 more points than the Mountaineers allowed (64.6).
- UNC Wilmington went 11-6-1 against the spread and 17-3 overall last season when scoring more than 64.6 points.
- When Appalachian State allowed fewer than 68.9 points last season, it went 10-6 against the spread and 11-7 overall.
- The Mountaineers put up an average of 70.3 points per game last year, six more points than the 64.3 the Seahawks gave up to opponents.
- When it scored more than 64.3 points last season, Appalachian State went 9-4 against the spread and 11-5 overall.
- UNC Wilmington went 14-7-1 against the spread and 20-4 overall last season when it allowed fewer than 70.3 points.
- The Seahawks outscored their opponents by a total of 156 points last season (4.6 points per game on average), and the Mountaineers put up 181 more points than their opponents on the year (5.7 per game).
- The Seahawks had an average implied point total of 70.8 last season, which is 1.2 points lower than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (72).
- Last season, UNC Wilmington scored more than 72 points in 11 games.
- The average implied point total last season for the Mountaineers (69.2) is 0.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (69).
- Appalachian State put up more than 69 points in all three games.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.